Good Morning to you all.
I can’t believe it is already February 3rd!! Every year it goes faster and faster. As I posted early in January, there are five words I am choosing to live by in 2014. One of them being CHERISH. I am going to focus really hard on this one being that February is the MONTH OF LOVE!!
I like to not only feel loved but to hear it as well. There are many people who have a very hard time saying “I love you” even if they really do love you. Everyone has their own little ways of showing it. I am AWESOME at telling people but I am probably not very good at expressing it other ways. So I have found some creative ways I plan to utilize in the next several weeks to SHOW my hubby and exactly what he means to me.
Here are some ideas…
1. Cut out a bunch of little hearts and write down every kind of kiss that you can think of (passionate, a peck, etc.) Get a cute red felt bag and fill it with your hearts with those types of kisses on it (and maybe some chocolate kisses). Give it to your spouse or significant other. Tell them that whevener they want a kiss to pull out one of the hearts and hand it to you and in return you give them whatever kind of kiss is described. This should be spontaneous and fun!!!
2. Make a book about why you love your spouse and why you are thankful for him/her. This doesn’t have to be a long fancy book. Take some regular paper, fold it in half, bring out the kid in you and draw some cute little pictures, add stickers and write some words in it. 🙂 Just a little something to treasure.
3. Come up with a fancy meal you think your other half would enjoy. Make it something unique, maybe something you have never had before. Enjoy a candlelight dinner for two at home. Then give your spouse a massage and watch a romantic movie. As a late night snack, have some chocolate coverered strawberries. Don’t forget the whip cream on top!!
4. Money is tight and times are hard but it is super important to have your little get aways. So if you can somehow manage to swing it, sometime in February make reservations at a bed and breakfast. Arrang for childcare if you have children. Do not let you significant other know about this. Pretend you are just going out to dinner or something and really suprise them. It will pay off for weeks to come.
5. I don’t think my hubby would want roses so this one is for you guys – Give your wife a dozen roses. On each stem attach a note for a future date to do something that she would enjoy. Or have 11 roses delivered to your signifcant other, and then give her a 12th yourself while reading her a love poem. (guys this isn’t rocket science, don’t think its dumb – we women LOVE the adorable attempts you make like this) ESPECIALLY when it is so UNEXPECTED. And try really hard to make up your OWN poem. It doesn’t have to rhyme but those seem to be the easist kind to create 🙂
6. This ones for the whole family cause you can’t forget about the kiddos either. Order your favorite take-out food and have a little picnic on your living room floor (just put down an old blanket so you don’t have to worry about spills on the carpet.) By doing this, your kids will see the value of family and a loving marriage.
7. For those of you far apart but always in the heart, send a care package filled with things that are red.
8. Get creative and make a meal with symbols of love. Write I love you with string beans, make a pancake in the shape of a heart etc.
9. Hide little heart candies in your spouse’s shoes, coat, car, etc. Then they will think of you and know how much you love them everytime they find one.
10. Ok ladies, show up at your husband’s/boyfriend’s office before lunch. Call him from the parking lot and tell him you are going to take him for a lunch rendezvous, OR you can bring him some lunch but make sure you have a place in mind to eat it and that you will be waiting for him whenever he can take a break. Wear a nice outfit and tell him you have something sexy on underneath for when he gets home. Go have your nice spontaneous lunch and take him back to work. Give him some great kisses and tell him how glad you are to be married to him or just together if you are not married, and tell him you will be waiting for him when he gets home.
11. Fill a jar with Valentine candy and notes for your spouse/significant other. Note Examples: Good for a backrub, 10 kisses, etc. These can also express your love and respect: “I am so glad that God blessed my life with such a great husband like you.” Individually roll each note and tie it with a ribbon.
12. Surprise your husband/significant other when he comes home from work on February 14. Place a welcome sign on the kitchen table and leave a trail of red foil-wrapped Hershey kisses to your bedroom.
13. Make a special “14 Reasons I Love You” Valentine’s Day breakfast for your sweetheart. On his/her plate, leave a letter or card listing 14 reasons that you love your spouse.
14. After your spouse goes to bed, tape notes to his/her car’s steering wheel with reasons that you love him/her. Have the kids help so they can feel included too.
Make this Valentines Day one to remember forever. But remember that LOVE is not meant to be given and received only on Valentine’s Day. Instead, you need to practice it every single day of the entire year.
Hope you enjoyed some of these ideas and plan to use them in the near future. SHOWING instead of just TELLING someone you love them can make a BIG difference in a relationship.
Peace and Love on this Monday.